Dyson V8 vs. Dyson V10: Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
The vacuum cleaner is a basic necessity for every home in daily life. Older versions of vacuum cleaners were bulky and carry large wires that connect to AC wall outlet to power. Nowadays, cordless vacuum cleaners are popular. They have no cord, instead they run on battery while cleaning up the mess up.
In this article we will show the two popular cordless vacuum cleaning tools that you will find suitable for home use as per your requirements. These two are Dyson V8 and Dyson V10 cordless vacuum cleaners
Dyson V8 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner:
Deep Cleans Carpets. Sucks up Pet Hair
In most households, we find pets like cats and dogs. So when there are pets there will be pet hairs too. This tool Dyson V8 is suitable to clean up this mess and also highly recommended for carpet deep cleaning to remove ground-in dirt. This is made possible by means of powerful suction and direct drive motor head used in Dyson V8
Sucks Up Large Debris and Fine Dust from Hard Floors.
Powerful suction and a soft roller cleaner head removes fine dust and large debris from hard floors.
- Cord free. Hassle free. Powerful suction,
- Up to 40 minute’s run time when using a non-motorized tool. Suction power (MAX mode) : 115 AW
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 4 hours minimum before first use
- Up to 30 minutes of fade free power with the Soft roller cleaner head
- Direct drive cleaner head. Up to 8 minutes of fade free power (in MAX mode). Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
- Whole machine HEPA filtration captures allergens and expels cleaner air than the air you breathe. Filtration: Washable lifetime filter
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V8 and engineered to pick up ground in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and carpets
Transforms to a Handheld
All Dyson cord-free vacuums quickly convert to a handheld for quick clean ups, spot cleaning and cleaning difficult places.
No cord to unravel, plug in, drag around and restrict your reach. You can quickly and easily clean when you need to.
Whole machine HEPA filtration captures allergens and expels cleaner air than the air you breathe.
Up to 40 Minutes of Powerful Fade-free Suction
The Dyson V8 Absolute cord-free vacuum is powered by a new Lithium-ion battery to deliver up to 40 minutes of fade free suction. (Up to 25 minutes with motorized floor tool attached).
Hygienic Dirt Ejector
Ejects dust from the bin in a single action.
2 Tier Radial cyclones
15 cyclones, arranged across two tiers, work in parallel to increase airflow and capture fine dust.
Max Power Mode
Slide switch to select power. Provides up to 7 minutes of higher suction for more difficult tasks.
Convenient Docking Station
Stores and charges the machine and holds additional attachments. So it’s always ready to go.
Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
The version 10 of Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner is absolute in the sense that it gives extreme performance when it comes to large vacuum cleaning jobs. It weighs 5.9 pound and has 77 liters of bin.
It is impressive in looks and robust battery 2600mAh and lasting up-to 60 minutes. Its gun like shape give a new look.
It is a heavy device unfortunately not suitable for smaller vacuum cleaning jobs due to heavy weight. With so much of its weight in the front, the V10 tends to put more strain on your wrist (instead of your arm) as you move it around.
Another thing is that V10 is slightly harder to tuck away in a closet or cabinet due to its larger size.
Dyson V10’s motor is 20 percent more powerful than the V8’s (150 “air watts” instead of 115). Powered by a strong lithium ion battery, the charging time from empty to full is rated 3.5 hours.
The most significant upgrade in Dyson V10 is the utilization of larger battery. Dyson provided 3 options to operate at different rates. These are
1- Extended: 60 minutes
2- Increased: 40 minutes
3- Maximum: 6 minutes
Up to 60 minutes’ run time when using a non-motorized tool
V10 digital motor
Torque drive cleaner head, Soft roller cleaner head
Combination tool, crevice tool, mini soft dusting brush, mini-motorized tool
Drives dirt from carpets
The Torque driven cleaner head is Dyson’s most powerful cleaner head yet. It removes 25% more dust than the Dyson V8 cord-free stick vacuum.
Gentle on hard floors. Tough on dirt
The motor-driven Soft roller cleaner head has a brush bar covered in soft woven nylon to capture large debris, while anti-static carbon fiber filaments simultaneously remove fine dust.
DysonV10 comes with a whole bunch of different cleaning heads, including:
- A short adjustable brush for countertops and furniture
- Large carpet-cleaning motor-head with a rotating brush
- Large hard-floor motor-head with a fabric rotating brush
- Smaller motor-head for deeper cleaning of upholstery
- A small static brush for corners and edges
- Thin stick for hard-to-reach nooks and crannies
- An extension stick that fits all the heads and turns the V10 into a stand-up vacuum
From the top: The Dyson Cyclone V10 with hard-floor motor-head, extension stick, thin stick, small static brush, short adjustable brush, small motor-head, large carpet-cleaning motor-head.
Transforms to a handheld
Changes to a handheld vacuum cleaner and back again, in just one click.
Up to 60 minutes of runtime
Up to 60 minutes’ run time when using a non-motorized tool. Up to 40 minutes of power with the Soft roller cleaner head (in Suction mode II).
The Dyson Cyclone V10 vacuum drops into the wall-mounted dock, to recharge and to tidily store the tools, ready to grab and go.
Three power modes
The right power when you need it. Three modes to choose from, to suit any task on any floor type.